New Website Design

Pyro

New Website Design

Post by Pyro » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:54 am

New Website Design

Postby Pyro » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:10 pm
Hi, I'm Pyro. I am the server's new website developer. I will be showing the building of the new site through my website and server. The address is http://www.codesync.org . I've started this thread so that You, the players and developers of the Land of Fire, can suggest ideas for the new website's design and functions and so we can all discuss them. All ideas are welcome, but I myself can make no promises whether all will be implemented. I hope we can all work together on this. :D

EDIT: Look at the posts below for the new link to the site. I moved its position on my server. Link to view the new site design is the one that has "future_site" in the link.
Last edited by Pyro on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Pyro on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pyro

Re: New Website Design

Post by Pyro » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:55 am

Postby ebattleon » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:18 am
Err its empty:D

Pyro

Post by Pyro » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:57 am

Postby Pyro » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:01 pm
That's because I just set it up the morning I posted the forum thread. Another reason is since the game design is in such flux I can't really determine much of what we'll need from the new site. Hence the thread. It is for developers and players. I need to know what people's needs are for the website and how they would like them to be met. I could just create a more graphically appealing website but I don't think that would serve the players any better than the current website.

Pyro

Post by Pyro » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:58 am

Postby Pyro » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:40 pm
Here is one of my deprecated designs for the server's website. http://www.codesync.org/deprecated_site/index.html . It is deprecated because of future map changes. Also, I've changed the location of the new website preview will be to http://www.codesync.org/future_site/index.html . Please submit your ideas, it is after all for your own benefit.
Last edited by Pyro on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pyro

Post by Pyro » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:59 am

Postby ebattleon » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:34 pm
Pi we are not sure where we are going as, you a little vague there. All I know it going to be Ancient Alien tech...and that ain't much to work with.
I do agree however the TMW themed front page is so well TMW. So lava slimes are so much more Land of Fire don't you think? :mrgreen:

Pyro

Post by Pyro » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:59 am

Postby KeeKeeKat » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:26 pm
Personally, I like the current web page. I don't care for busy, graphic laden web pages.

I like the page you made that can't be used, too. It's a shame we can't use it.

I would like to see screenshots of the game and the players fighting, especially on the new maps. An interview with some would be good, too, if they would be willing. About how long they've played, what their level is, what they enjoy about the game the most, etc.

Love you all! You make the game what it is! :D And, that is FUN!

KeeKeeKat

Pyro

Post by Pyro » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:00 am

Postby Pyro » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:49 pm
ebattleon the tmw themed page is deprecated. I have no intention to use it as the new website. It's just there for my audience to look at it. Maybe give them some ideas. Some people have trouble imagining abstract descriptions but if you give them something to build off of they can give you great ideas. So before I go off topic, the point of giving a link to that page is to show variety and to get the gears in people's minds turning.

Pyro

Post by Pyro » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:03 am

I'm sorry thread looks this way but I accidentally deleted my thread :( all those views down the drain. Please visit often lol. Anyways, luckily I was able to recreate the thread the exact way it was minus the original posters :/ so yeah. Still works hopefully. Thanks to Google. Caches are great aren't they?

Pyro

Post by Pyro » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:43 pm

Okay to clear something up about my server. It will not be up all the time. I turn it off from time to time. It makes a lot of noise and I only have one LAN line going upstairs so when I need to do some heavy duty downloading I have to take that LAN line from it. So yeah, if the sites aren't up when you check them, check them another time.

Pyro

Post by Pyro » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:48 pm

For the next week, from November 26th through December 3rd, my server will be down due to personal needs. In exchange, I will be showing you my change in design for the new game. I have decided to scrap the old design due to the new game coming out sooner than expected and now there is no need to make a new one for the current land of fire game. Hope you check out the new one when I put it up. :)

~Pyro