Spring Website

Pyro

Spring Website

Post by Pyro » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:04 pm

I know it is a bit early to be asking you guys for input but as I do not have as much time freely available as I did during winter I would like to ask our players what types of features they would like to see on the spring website. Please post your responses in this thread. Remember if you don't voice your opinion you have no hope of getting what you want.

Pihro
Site Admin

Re: Spring Website

Post by Pihro » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:02 pm

My preference would be it to look quite similar to the winter site, with simply a spring makeover. Other input would be great, for new ideas.

Pyro

Post by Pyro » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:58 pm

You're kinda a hard act to follow Pihro. Remember that next time.

Pihro
Site Admin

Post by Pihro » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:52 pm

Pyro, its getting close to time to setup the new Spring site, or at least change the gfx to match that time of year. So, discussing ideas here would be great: I think going to a somewhat damaged grassy tileset with some cogs lying around would be beautiful, but that would require some art..maybe some pipes too and a town in the horizon, but maybe that's too much.

Pyro

Post by Pyro » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:30 pm

That would considerably increase the site size, but I can do that if you want. I already acquired some chains for the wooden sign. Also for our user I would like to let you guys know that Firefox or one of it's derivatives is the best browser to use for my sites. I've all but given up trying to support IE due to it falling way behind on modern html in recent years. As for chrome, for the most part my sites will work in it just fine there are some noticeable glitches though like the icons in certain cases. I will try my best to stay compatible with all open source browsers, but I will not go out of my way for IE, sorry. You are playing an open-source game, so use an open-source browser. Opera will also be supported by my works.

pyndragon

Post by pyndragon » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:18 pm

Opera is becoming a no-op. ;)
~ Previous LoF Developer ~

Pyro

Post by Pyro » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:27 pm

Ya, wasn't quite sure if they were open-source or not so I added the mention of it as a post-script because it does keep up with standards unlike most proprietary browsers.

pyndragon

Post by pyndragon » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:51 pm

They aren't open-source, but they just decided to switch to using Webkit as their engine.
~ Previous LoF Developer ~

Pyro

Post by Pyro » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:30 pm

Well, regardless. If the players want a new website for spring they better start posting ideas because I'll only have spring break to make it and I will have school work that will need to be done during spring break as well. They are so forthcoming on the new quest thread but this thread has been here for months with little to no response.... Remember players, if don't submit ideas, nothing will change and also I work faster when you work with me.

ozthokk

Post by ozthokk » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:13 pm

Here is a simple idea. back round colored with grass texture and with butterflies and flowers around and at top in stead of the wolves, use Pinkies or Spiky Mushrooms. Same base design as winter look, but spring like :)
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
Jean-Jacques Rousseau