IMPORTANT: Future of LoF!

Fix current game or begin on new Steampunk LoF?

Fix the current game!
13%
Create a new game!
88%

Total votes: 8

Pihro
Site Admin

IMPORTANT: Future of LoF!

Post by Pihro » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:06 pm

Hey all, as we all know development of this game is about completely kaput. We need a team of developers before much can happen. Before working on forming one, I need to know what the players want. Should we put our efforts into fixing the train wreck of TMW data mixed with our own, or should we begin work on an entirely new game? Please vote and leave your thoughts/opinions below. Please try to remain on subject with this question.

The new game will not be using TMW code, but possibly some of their art. It will be opensource and Steampunk, like this game was originally imagined to become.
This game will not be shut down, it will just be available if anyone wants to see our old work once the new game is started. For the new game, we will probably have 2 servers: testing and stable, the stable one will have constant saves etc while the testing will obviously not be stable. Anyways, please vote!

ozthokk

Re: IMPORTANT: Future of LoF!

Post by ozthokk » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:15 pm

I vote, create new game, i think it would be to everyone who is involved in development best interest to just start a new game like Evol did. Yes, it will take time to start over again, but it would take that time or even more just to clean up that Data mess from TMW :|
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
Jean-Jacques Rousseau

simbageoleo

Post by simbageoleo » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:05 pm

i vote create new game as we hav just about done everything there is to do here and we need a fresh start all chars and what not will be transferred right or will we have to start afresh as noobs again

Pihro
Site Admin

Post by Pihro » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:43 pm

simbageoleo wrote:i vote create new game as we hav just about done everything there is to do here and we need a fresh start all chars and what not will be transferred right or will we have to start afresh as noobs again
All will be new and fresh, all new items and characters etc.

Saint Tropez

Post by Saint Tropez » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:13 am

Hi

Will be good to have another game.

But it will be good to fix LOF, coz until the new game is online only lof remain.
And LOF will be like a "vitrine'.
New player can come on and see if it will be good to connect to steampunk playing lof.
its for that i cant vote.
Fix the game and create the new sound good for me. Not add something just fix all the quest who doesnt work atm.
Like i said : "why we go on steampunk if land is broken, is not the same team working on??"
"can i trust them? Once i put some effort to play steampunk will be not the same story, all quest will be broken and nobody to fix them?"

Imo ofc.

edit
Ps: why dont we see the last writer in date of this thread in the board index?

lavender

Post by lavender » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:31 pm

Well, guess I'm gonna vote for a new game. I love the old game, but I'm ready for something new. If we have to we can remove the old lof and start the new game there if we can't find a host for the new game. but it would be best to have more content if we go that route. I think once we get started and developers see that we are updating on a regular basis, then they will join to help with coding and what-not. Ill try to make a few maps to start off with, mapping and some gfx is all I'm about good for. hopefully billr will return , sure do miss my crayon buddy.

ItchyD

Post by ItchyD » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:26 pm

After reading about the "steam punk" thing, it doesn't seem like a genre of game I'd be interested in. Besides, after all the time and effort I've put into learning the current game and working on my current character, I'd feel sad seeing the old game and my old character disappear.
I'm not evil! I'm just devious!
--Itchy Demon

Pihro
Site Admin

Post by Pihro » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:29 pm

ItchyD wrote:After reading about the "steam punk" thing, it doesn't seem like a genre of game I'd be interested in. Besides, after all the time and effort I've put into learning the current game and working on my current character, I'd feel sad seeing the old game and my old character disappear.
The current game will remain online and will be fixed, I just need to know where to focus development efforts on first.

Saint Tropez

Post by Saint Tropez » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:29 am

Pihro wrote:The current game will remain online and will be fixed, I just need to know where to focus development efforts on first.
Can you fix the real silver smith quest?
I mean with the silvered crusade helmet?
that means Nicolas the blacksmith must release the unsilvered crusade helmet (item 8017)
And we take this item to talk to the silversmith to silver it and get the crusade helmet (item 639)

Can you unlock the Nahrec script? to get the "GoldenPlatemail" (item 645)?
Or is there a reason to dont have it ingame?