Warriors Archers and Mage's oh my

ozthokk

Warriors Archers and Mage's oh my

Post by ozthokk » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:26 am

There has been long discussion about this matter through the years, "Don't Forget The Mage's". In my personal opinion, the mages of LOF and Mana World are very unbalanced and can be quite over powered at a low level. I say this only to the Mage's that use their extreme powers in PVP battles or in the Terranite cave on Warriors and Archers who are trying to accomplish goals, but luckily, our Land of Fire, has players that are more kind to one another.So anyways, i start this topic not to offend any players whom use the Mage's ability in any manor, but to ask all players, including non Mage's.

There is a growing selection of weapons in game, and a number of them are mostly for the Warrior class,,,,So, What ideas might you one have that may extend the range in variety of weapons a Mage and Archer can use?

The only things i can think of at this time is....

Mages---- Different Levels of Wands Staffs and maybe Broom Sticks

Archers---- More variety of bows, meaning different colors, like gold, blue, red, orange and so on, each color would mean a different enchantment, such as Red for Fire.

If anyone as further ideas, please post them bellow in the form of detailed explanation and pictures if possible
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
Jean-Jacques Rousseau

pyndragon

Re: Warriors Archers and Mage's oh my

Post by pyndragon » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:53 am

Your gold bow is something that will come in-game, probably at +200 damage; the silver bow may also be given a 25 damage boost (to +150). Might an enchanted sword come in handy for mages? Like the staff, a technically melee weapon that boosts magic.
~ Previous LoF Developer ~

Salius

Post by Salius » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:21 pm

Mages is always most diskriminated in all worlds. Yes, "ingrav" is powerfull spell, but with very low frequency. Compare DPS of a mage with "ingrav" and for example banshee archer, who additionally drink concentration potoin. Additional this spell is too costly and yoo weak for low lvl mages.
But I talk not about this. Anyone try to make a mage from zero level? I mean pure mage, not warrior-mage or archer-mage. Pure mage every time. This is hard. You always force me to change my stats to be part-warrior or part-archer.
Balance in all games: mage has low HP and low armor, but he survive because of range and power of his attacks.
ozthokk wrote:I say this only to the Mage's that use their extreme powers in PVP battles
Every time I was on pvp battles I was killed by banshee archer. He too fast for me.

About items: I think we very need lower level robes and other equipment for mages. Silk robe is not magic robe. First magic robe is Sorcerer which I can use only after 85 lvl. Where is equipment between zero and 85 lvl? Ah and a hat for 70 lvl. Where is hat for 30 lvl, for 50 lvl mages etc. And don't try to force me wear a Dress :) I never wear dress. Where is dress equivalent for man? I have thousands questions like this. I don't try to post here all of this.

ItchyD

Post by ItchyD » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:46 pm

An idea playing off of pyndragon's post: Allow mages to create enchanted weapons/armor for all classes with different effects, and require specific item costs for each enchanted item. Enchanted items could have effects like +5 agility or +10 m. defense.
I'm not evil! I'm just devious!
--Itchy Demon

ozthokk

Post by ozthokk » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:38 am

Salius wrote:Mages is always most diskriminated in all worlds. Yes, "ingrav" is powerfull spell, but with very low frequency. Compare DPS of a mage with "ingrav" and for example banshee archer, who additionally drink concentration potoin. Additional this spell is too costly and yoo weak for low lvl mages.
But I talk not about this. Anyone try to make a mage from zero level? I mean pure mage, not warrior-mage or archer-mage. Pure mage every time. This is hard. You always force me to change my stats to be part-warrior or part-archer.
Balance in all games: mage has low HP and low armor, but he survive because of range and power of his attacks.
ozthokk wrote:I say this only to the Mage's that use their extreme powers in PVP battles
Every time I was on pvp battles I was killed by banshee archer. He too fast for me.

About items: I think we very need lower level robes and other equipment for mages. Silk robe is not magic robe. First magic robe is Sorcerer which I can use only after 85 lvl. Where is equipment between zero and 85 lvl? Ah and a hat for 70 lvl. Where is hat for 30 lvl, for 50 lvl mages etc. And don't try to force me wear a Dress :) I never wear dress. Where is dress equivalent for man? I have thousands questions like this. I don't try to post here all of this.

Oh yeah, i agree, i don't care at all for the banshee bow, this weapon is extremely over powered and for mage equipment.

i see a request for more-----

lower level--robes,hats, and equipment, um, from what i am getting, you want just lower levels of the items that already exist ,if i am wrong i ask that you be more detailed with your ideas of what mages want, can you please be more detailed, this answer is vague, because the most basic of mages equipment already exists in game. I mean, yes daggers and swords with magic, attack and defense bonus would be cool to use

As for a dress for a man, A Kilt is a mans dress, worn by the Scottish men, this dude here looks pretty cool if i say so myself :lol: if you would like to know more to understand why a man would wear this clink the link ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilt
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (3.59 KiB) Viewed 2362 times
Jean-Jacques Rousseau

ozthokk

Post by ozthokk » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:45 am

pyndragon wrote:Your gold bow is something that will come in-game, probably at +200 damage; the silver bow may also be given a 25 damage boost (to +150). Might an enchanted sword come in handy for mages? Like the staff, a technically melee weapon that boosts magic.
Suppose i can look into making some new staffs, this would be an easy task and this is cool that my Golden Bow with be in game, keep in mind, the proper name for all my Golden gear is called, Kings Gear, not saying that they are best or highest leveled,,its just what i named them and yes, some new Mage specific boots would be cool to have to. I think i will get started pumping out some new stuff this summer.
Jean-Jacques Rousseau

pyndragon

Post by pyndragon » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:59 am

ozthokk wrote:
pyndragon wrote:Your gold bow is something that will come in-game, probably at +200 damage; the silver bow may also be given a 25 damage boost (to +150). Might an enchanted sword come in handy for mages? Like the staff, a technically melee weapon that boosts magic.
Suppose i can look into making some new staffs, this would be an easy task and this is cool that my Golden Bow with be in game, keep in mind, the proper name for all my Golden gear is called, Kings Gear, not saying that they are best or highest leveled,,its just what i named them and yes, some new Mage specific boots would be cool to have to. I think i will get started pumping out some new stuff this summer.
Sounds awesome :ugeek:
~ Previous LoF Developer ~

Saint Tropez

Post by Saint Tropez » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:11 am

For my mage i use the rock knife when i put him in tank / runner mage, coz the rock knife give+3 vit.

A sword for low mage with stats like this could be nice for low mage +4mag att +110 (or more) att.
Like that when the mage doesnt have mana, he can switch ot melee combat.

And what about some charms?
There is the isis heart and the for leaf clover.
Like every stuff is active on str, agi, vit, int, dex, luck, the charms could be active on att, def, move speed, accuracy, temporary increasing the damage by sec...or else

whatever you choose, you did an awesome work on LOF : bravo :D