Cant connect 05 janv 16

Saint Tropez

Cant connect 05 janv 16

Post by Saint Tropez » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:56 pm

Hi,

Cant connect today. No connexion to the server, no website.
Right now i see website and ppl online, and there is still my char connected, but i cannot connect to the host.
By the way what happened?

ItchyD

Re: Cant connect 05 janv 16

Post by ItchyD » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:09 pm

There was something going on with the VPS provider that required them to shutdown down the machine (I think someone were moving the machines somewehre, but don't quote me on that), hence why the game and site were down.

There wasn't actually anybody online when the site came up. For some reason, the online list isn't cleared when the game server software (tmwAthena) is stopped.

We're back online now.
I'm not evil! I'm just devious!
--Itchy Demon

pyndragon

Re: Cant connect 05 janv 16

Post by pyndragon » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:38 pm

Itchy has it right. Our VPS provider moved from a 10,000 ft² building to a 100,000 ft² building as they were running out of room. The downside was the downtime; the upside is that they have even better redundancy, which should help them continue to avoid unexpected outages.
The online.txt thing bugs me too, but since that file is just updated every once in a while by tmwA, if the server is shut off suddenly it won't be able to update the file. I have an idea for the future website to actually show the server status for us, but of course that only helps when the website is up but not the game so eh.
~ Previous LoF Developer ~