Winter Week of Code

Billr

Winter Week of Code

Post by Billr » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:17 pm

We're planning to hold a LOF Winter Week of Code from December 15th to 21st.
Tentative Goals:

1. Update server to add most recent TMW quests/items.
2. Make content for existing unused art.
3. Develop new pixel art
4. Christmas Quest?
5. Adapt Love Triangle quest to a new quest.
6. Expand on LOFBot's capability (this depends on Pyndragon so all encourage him to attend! 8-) )
7. Troubleshoot server issues.
8. Miscellanous (correct savior armor stats, etc)

We'll prepare according to how you tell us is best - so be sure you chime in on using git, cvs, etc.

We need a host for the testing server. Let us know if that's up your alley. Or at least in your house. :-)

We need your ideas, your comments - notice anything needing fixing or updating? Please post here.

pyndragon

Re: Winter Week of Code

Post by pyndragon » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:59 pm

I need to know where the data for the stats of i.e. the pets are kept. The stat bonuses do not show up there.
~ Previous LoF Developer ~

Pihro
Site Admin

Post by Pihro » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:33 am

pyndragon wrote:I need to know where the data for the stats of i.e. the pets are kept. The stat bonuses do not show up there.
All of the data can be found in https://github.com/landoffire

BenB

Post by BenB » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:13 pm

Thanks for the notice. I am taking the notice at face value.
Nice to see coders planning & enacting.

pyndragon

Post by pyndragon » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:40 pm

Pihro: Ooops, looks like my question wasn't very lucid. What I'm wondering is which server file the info is stored in, as it isn't in item_db.txt.

Pihro
Site Admin

Post by Pihro » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:14 am

pyndragon wrote:Pihro: Ooops, looks like my question wasn't very lucid. What I'm wondering is which server file the info is stored in, as it isn't in item_db.txt.
Well item data that shows up client side is in the client data's items.xml, if that' still not what you're looking for then I'm confused :P

vanmier

Post by vanmier » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:37 pm

I propose an update to the paladinhelm xml file to correct the helmet from "popping off" during a downward attack. Please and thank you. :)

pyndragon

Post by pyndragon » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Pihro wrote:
pyndragon wrote:Pihro: Ooops, looks like my question wasn't very lucid. What I'm wondering is which server file the info is stored in, as it isn't in item_db.txt.
Well item data that shows up client side is in the client data's items.xml, if that' still not what you're looking for then I'm confused :P
On the server somewhere is a configuration that makes the fairy give +50 luck. However, it does not appear to be item_db.txt. So I'm curious as to which file it actually is.

BenB

Post by BenB » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:56 am

vanmier wrote:I propose an update to the paladinhelm xml file to correct the helmet from "popping off" during a downward attack. Please and thank you. :)
Post your file with it here. Others can use it or not, test.
I would like to see yours used simply to avoid the popping
off as well.

Gah, 3 AM. Night Turtle. Luv ya. :)

Pihro
Site Admin

Post by Pihro » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:33 pm

pyndragon wrote:
Pihro wrote:
On the server somewhere is a configuration that makes the fairy give +50 luck. However, it does not appear to be item_db.txt. So I'm curious as to which file it actually is.
I am taking this line from item_db.txt:

Code: Select all

8038,   Redfairy,  Red Fairy,   5,    300,   5,     13,    ,    2,   ,    -2,  0,   2,   128,    ,   0,   0,   {},  {bonus bLuk, 50; bonus bMaxHp, 100;}
bonus bLuck, 50; gives 50 luck...
Hopefully this answers your question!